King Perkins

A sports blog not unlike all other sports blogs.

Name:
Location: oceanside, ca

Thursday, May 11, 2006

It begins....


*Who am I? David from the Tri-City area. Those of you who are not familiar with the metropolis that is the Tri-City area(I’m guessing all but the 500k or so who live here), it is made up of Vista, Oceanside, and Carlsbad California. I’m sure I will get into the landscape in more detail a little later but just fyi it breaks out like this; Vista(Bista) is inland, Oceanside(Oceancrime) north coastal, and Carlsbad(C-bad) is south costal and preppie(if people even use preppie anymore).

*Why King Perkins? At the Apex of my childhood I remember watching Smooth Sam Perkins play for the Indiana Pacers on tv. I thought he must have been 40+, overweight, and his braids were struggling to hang on to his balding head. He was stretching defenses by camping out at the top of the three point line drilling three after three. He could really do nothing else, well except give six fouls. Yet there he was killing Shaq, the Orlando Magic, and any other team that had their center crash the boards or stray towards the basket to help out on defense . Now I love Shaq(no-homo), but have always been a Knick’s and Buffalo Bills fan. Since as long as I can remember, even before I knew that both teams were in New York. Anyway back to Sam, he never was my favorite player or anything, I just loved the idea of something so simple as an old fat seven footer changing how an entire team, or two, plays. And all the other names I wanted were taken.

*What will this blog be about? Mostly sports. I’m sure I will stray into other interest or experiences from time to time. But I really cannot say for sure.

*What are my qualifications/credentials? None. I love sports and my life revolves around the NBA draft. I have been blessed with a lot more player/fan interactions then most casual sports enthusiast. Other than that, like I said, none. I haven’t played sports on a higher level than highschool and I have never coached or interned. But, I’ll give this a shot anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger El Padrino said...

Welcome.

1:55 PM  
Blogger The Rev said...

Sam Perkins... yeah, he was a load who could drill a three! Nice reference.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home